Saturday, February 22, 2014

THE RIVETER (1940)

 RELEASE DATE: Friday 15th March 1940


SYNOPSIS: Donald, ever looking for a new challenge, decides to take up a job as a riveter at a building construction site. Only problem is, he has no idea how to do the job, is completely unprepared for the work conditions, and has a very grumpy foreman by the name of Pete!

 
IRVYNE: I love this cartoon. It's so funny! Donald at his best. He and Pete make such great enemies.


SHENZI: I love how Donald just accepts the job with no idea how to actually do it.


IRVYNE: He walks past the sign, says "Oh boy, oh boy, am I a riveter!" That line just makes me giggle every time I watch it. It's also hilarious to hear Donald singing the dwarfs' "Heigh-Ho" song: "It's off to work I go! Wak wak wak wak wak wak wak wak wak!" Love it!


PASCAL: I'm finding that I am getting better at understanding Donald! I love how enthusiastic he is. He always gets himself into trouble, but he somehow manages to get his way out of it. He is very good at walking on air too!


IRVYNE: Ah yes, those good old cartoon gravity physics. Some of Donald's high-rise escapades reminded me a bit of Goofy in "Clock Cleaners." The best part about this cartoon though, is the power struggle between Donald and Pete. There were apparently 12 cartoons pitting Donald and Pete against each other. I love that neither of them has the patience or temper to abide the other. It's a recipe for hilarity!


PASCAL: Grouchy Pete copped it again. He was a tough boss, especially on Donald's first day, but by the end of the cartoon he showed his feminine side... ;-) After surviving Pete and Donald though, I don't think this building would have lasted very long!


SHENZI: This cartoon is classic Donald Duck. Another great short!





No comments:

Post a Comment