Friday, February 7, 2014

MICKEY'S TRAILER (1938)

RELEASE DATE: Friday 6th May 1938


SYNOPSIS: Mickey, Donald and Goofy are holidaying in a pretty amazing caravan! One has to wonder though... whose idea was it to let Goofy drive??


JOHN DARLING: That was awesome!


MICHAEL DARLING: Mickey Mouse is really strong! My favourite bit was when Donald Duck was hanging over the cliff and yelling into the phone.
 

IRVYNE: This is a cartoon that my sister and I used to watch a LOT. I reckon I could just about recite it second-by-second.


MUSHU: Even everything that Donald says?


IRVYNE: "Operator! Operator! Help! Help!"


MUSHU: Oh, is THAT what he was saying?

 
PASCAL: Yeah, I still can't really understand him. I understood ONE thing he said in that cartoon: "Yeah, who's driving?" The rest was just wak-wak-wak. I did love it though, when Donald was having his bath and he has this big tantrum over maintaining his privacy... This coming from someone who never wears pants.


ANNA: I must say, this film doesn't promote good driving skills. In fact, I'd even say that Goofy wasn't really qualified to drive.


IRVYNE: Who gave him a licence??


MUSHU: And speaking of safety, I didn't see any seatbelts!


WENDY: And don't forget, Mickey was a blatant thief, stealing all of that corn and milk!


ANNA: The most awesome part of this cartoon though, is the way the caravan transforms!
 

PASCAL: Imagine being able to push a button and change what room you're in!
 

MALEFICENT: I love the way the caravan packed itself up in the beginning.


IRVYNE: Couldnt you just imagine audiences in 1938: "Every family will have a caravan just like this by the 1980s!"



No comments:

Post a Comment